Exactly how do liberals/progressives go about discussion of stories that do not bode well for them? (cross posted at Right Wing News)
1. Ignore the story – pretend it is not happening, or deflect like crazy.
2. Find some sort of moral equivalence or a story from 30 years ago saying a Conservative did something sort of similar.
3. Come up with some conspiracy theories. This is usually the most amusing part, reading and hearing all the strange stuff they come up with in their reality based chat rooms.
4. Blame Conservatives for bringing the truth to light. How dare they do dat!!!!
5. Concoct strange defenses based on wild psychological discourse, which no one understands, including the writer, but it sounds good, and allows a liberal/progressive to say there is no problem.
6. Whine about the discussion of the topic, proclaiming that it means nothing, and why aren’t we talking about X? This is usually the point where Liberals/progressives truly understand how bad the issue really is for them, typically when even the NY Times cannot ignore it, so, now they want to have an in-depth discussion on the point of the Iraq War, which you have had 1,000 times, but, they strangely have never had.
Alternately, this is the point where some liberals realize that they did not receive their talking points emails, so haven’t a friggin’ clue how to respond.
7. Declare victory! Those dastardly Conservatives have been proven wrong again, and why do you keep asking so many questions?
8. Ignore the issue. It never happened. This is similar to the 10 Stages Of Success. See below the fold.
Many may wonder why the irrational seething, virulent vitriol and disgusting language, personal attacks, and abject hatred has not been mentioned. Well, this of course is the natural state of the modern liberal/progressive, and can not only occur at any time, but will occur throughout any discussion. It is a pervasive state of nature for those on the Left.
- At age 4 success is . . . not peeing in your pants.
- At age 12 success is . . . having friends.
- At age 16 success is . . . having a drivers license.
- At age 20 success is . . . having sex.
- At age 35 success is . . . having money.
- At age 50 success is . . . having money.
- At age 60 success is . . . having sex.
- At age 70 success is . . . having a drivers license.
- At age 75 success is . . . having friends.
- At age 80 success is . . . not peeing in your pants.