Via the Atlanta Journal Constitution:
Capitol Hill police are expected to seek an arrest warrant next week for Rep. Cynthia McKinney of Georgia, who was involved in a physical confrontation with a Capitol police officer Wednesday, police and legal authorities said Thursday.Officially, the investigation of the incident, in which the DeKalb County Democrat allegedly struck a police officer who tried to stop her from going around a security checkpoint, is ongoing, said Sgt. Kimberly Schneider, spokeswoman for Capitol Hill police.However, police have notified the federal prosecutor’s office in Washington that they will be seeking an arrest warrant after the investigation is complete next week, said police and legal authorities, who spoke on the condition that they not be named because the investigation was not yet complete.
They should throw her in the loony bin, rather then in the pokey. For a long, long time.
Previously: Impeach Cynthia McKinney.
Hah! Checked the DUmmies. While some seem to be grounded in reality (that’s a scary thought!) and understand that Cynthia did wrong, a few are going a bit loopy:
- This will just make the cops look like idiots. Both sides need to get over themselves and reconcile. (hiting a police officer is a felony, you moron!)
- I couldn’t agree more. I just can’t believe that this can’t be settled without arresting her. (again, hitting a police officer is a felony)
- What’s being “settled” is a Democratic congressman’s arrest. The RW needs so very badly to have someone, anyone, under threat of going to the pokey to mitigate their horrorshow with Delay and god knows who else as Jack ‘mOff continues to sing.Was this a setup from the beginning? Probably not, but I don’t think it’s just good fortune for the Goopers that Cynthia’s actually facing charges over this.
- Let me be the first to say “FREE CYNTHIA MCKINNEY!” I prolly not the first but… FREE CYNTHIA anyway!
Let me be fair: here is a voice of “sanity” at the DU
- She allegedly hit a police officer I know many here hate the cops, but you still don’t hit them when they are doing their job. She released a statement saying she regrets the incident occurred, which seems to me like she is admitting to hitting the cop.
A lawyer for Rep. Cynthia McKinney, the Georgia congresswoman who had an altercation with a Capitol Police officer, says she was “just a victim of being in Congress while black.”
I echo Decision ’08’s statement “That’s a most offensive (and quite racist) attitude…”
Actor, Danny Glover was expected to appear at an early-evening news conference Friday with McKinney at Howard University.
That gave Republicans material to keep the criticism flowing.
“Rep. McKinney appearing with the star of ‘Lethal Weapon’? Not exactly the message you want to be sending,” said Ron Bonjean, spokesman for House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill.