Emperor Obama Decides To Change Immigration Rules Without Congress

Obviously, anything so tiresome as dealing with the elected representatives of the American people is just too much for Mr. Hope And Change

(Fox News Latino) A senior member of the Obama administration said Thursday that the administration plans to change a rule to reduce the time the spouses and children of undocumented immigrants are separated from citizen relatives while they try to win legal status in the United States

Currently, undocumented immigrants must leave the country before they can ask the government to waive a three- to 10-year ban on legally coming back to the U.S. The length of the ban depends on how long they have lived in the U.S. without permission.

The official said the new rule would let children and spouses of citizens ask the government to decide on the waiver request before the undocumented immigrant heads to his or her home country to apply for a visa. The undocumented immigrants still must go home to finish the visa process to come back to the U.S., but getting the waiver ahead of time could reduce the time an undocumented immigrant is out of the country.

The waiver shift is the latest move by President Barack Obama to make changes to immigration policy without congressional action. Congressional Republicans repeatedly have criticized the administration for policy changes they describe as providing “backdoor amnesty” to undocumented immigrants.

It’s not so much Obama showing a clear lack of respect for the People’s House, ie, Congress, as it is 1) Obama attempting to create political issues with which to fight the GOP, and 2), and more importantly, the fact that Obama has never been a real leader, has no skills as a leader, and becomes petulant and therefore unwilling to do the hard work necessary to reach across the aisle and make accommodations with the opposition Party, who represent specific parts of the United States as laid out by the Constitution. Every other president has had to do this, and has worked, or at least attempted to work, with the opposition party. That’s too difficult for Emperor Obama. Funny how he keeps calling himself a “Constitutional Professor”: who’s constitution, Venezuela’s? Iran’s?

That said, if the GOP plays their cards right (sometimes a big “if”), they can use Obama’s unilateral extension of unchecked power grabs against him during the General Election, and perhaps tie it in to the Congressional Democrats. Perhaps some videos of Democrats complaining about Bush unilaterally taking on new powers juxtaposed with Obama actually doing just that.

Crossed at Right Wing News and Stop The ACLU.

Save $10 on purchases of $49.99 & up on our Fruit Bouquets at 1800flowers.com. Promo Code: FRUIT49
If you liked my post, feel free to subscribe to my rss feeds.

Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed

2 Responses to “Emperor Obama Decides To Change Immigration Rules Without Congress”

  1. Word says:

    What is surprising is that democrats actually dont take their own party to task for their stance on immigration.

    Oh wait…….they used to.

    They used to be about as anti-immigration as was the GOP…..for instance when the DEMOCRATS of OLD were in charge we had QUOTA’s on imigration.

    Now we do not. What is the difference?

    This is NOT your DADDY’s DEMOCRATIC PARTY. This is a party infiltrated and taken over by COMMUNIST PROGRESSIVES who want to destroy and rebuild America.

    A party that now believes that 1 percent of the people can support the other 99 percent. These whackos actually believe this BS.

    This is what they believed in 1916 RUSSIA. We saw how that worked out for them.

    The Democratic party is NOT your daddies party and the GOP is in danger of becoming a clone with the libertarians taking over the party and REDEFINING what it means to be conservative….just as progressives have redefined what it means to be liberal.

    This is not a surprise…the more welfare cases we bring into the USA the better…..it is after all the Cloward and Piven way of destroying America.


  2. […] Pirate’s Cove: Emperor Obama Decides To Change Immigration Rules Without Congress […]

Pirate's Cove