I don’t know about this, but, the news is all over
A massive US military buildup in the Middle East suggests the US could be ready to launch a “sustained” bombing campaign on Iran in weeks — or even days — should Tehran continue refusing President Donald Trump’s demands in ongoing negotiations.
With a second aircraft carrier en route to the region and a flood of hundreds of strike, support, and other aircraft already nearby, the sheer scale of forces now positioned in the region alone is highly unusual — and unprecedented in recent decades, former Pentagon official and Atlantic Council fellow Alex Plitsas told The Post.
“What we have amassed is an unprecedented size combination of land-based attack aircraft, command and control and sea-based platforms,” he said. “We haven’t seen a buildup like this in this region in decades.”
While last year’s Operation Midnight Hammer took just 25 minutes to strike Iran’s nuclear facilities, a new campaign could last days to weeks, US officials told The Post.
The deployment — including carrier strike groups, land-based aircraft, refueling tankers and command-and-control assets — gives Trump the option to launch what Plitsas described as a sustained air and naval campaign without committing US ground troops.
And
The US military is prepared to strike Iran as early as this weekend, though President Donald Trump has yet to make a final decision on whether he’ll authorize such actions, sources familiar with the matter tell CNN.
The White House has been briefed that the military could be ready for an attack by the weekend, after a significant buildup in recent days of air and naval assets in the Middle East, the sources said. But one source cautioned that Trump has privately argued both for and against military action and polled advisers and allies on what the best course of action is.
And
- U.S. Military Moves Into Place for Possible Strikes in Iran
- Trump moves closer to a major war with Iran
- Trump has discussed timeline for Iran strikes — including as soon as this weekend — but no decision yet
That keeps going on and on. But, is it real at this point? Or is the Trump admin releasing “anonymous” information in order to sway Iran to stop being, well, Iran. To stop with the terrorism, stop trying to build nuclear weapons, stop abusing its own citizens, etc and so forth? If a strike was really a possibility soon do you think the Trump admin would be leaking? Whomever leaked would certainly be easily identified, as there wouldn’t be a lot of people involved. And then fired if Trump didn’t want a leak.
But, I guess we’ll see. And then we’ll see Democrats take the side of Iran.
Read: Report: US Could Launch Sustained Strike Against Iran Within Days »
A massive US military buildup in the Middle East suggests the US could be ready to launch a “sustained” bombing campaign on Iran in weeks — or even days — should Tehran continue refusing President Donald Trump’s demands in ongoing negotiations.
A coalition of scientific, preservation and historical groups on Tuesday
In Indiana and other states, other reforms of SNAP should delight the Fat Nag. The Fat Nag, that is, yours truly. I have railed for decades against sugar, fast foods and other edible evils. My alter ago has lectured, pleaded and begged my readers to run for their lives from Doritos, Ding Dongs and Sprite.
Mayor Zohran Mamdani proposed raising New York City’s property taxes Tuesday as part of this year’s budget — the democratic socialist’s latest gambit to pressure Albany to hike taxes on the wealthy.
Burlington Mayor Emma Mulvaney-Stanak is taking a stand on the city’s response to any potential ramping up of federal immigration enforcement.

