Democrats Look To Add One More Crazy Idea To Midterms: Medicare For All

What’s the Democrat agenda for November?

Along with some other crazy things. And now they are mainstreaming Medicare for all, otherwise known as Single Payer

Liberal Dems lay groundwork to push Medicare for All

Democrats are laying the groundwork to make a push for “Medicare for All” legislation if they win back the House in November.

More than 60 House Democrats launched a Medicare for All caucus this month, a sign of the popularity surrounding the concept of a government-run health insurance system for all that’s supported by liberal firebrands like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

The caucus plans to hold briefings with experts as part of its efforts to revise a previous bill that will act as the framework for future legislation to establish single-payer national health insurance.

“We’re going to do what it takes to get health care for every American,” said Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-Mich.), one of the co-chairs of the new caucus.

This should work out well

That’s $32.6 trillion over 10 years. In a static universe. We’ll pay for this mumble mumble garble garble…oh, right, they’ll just raise takes on the rich (like all their Hollywood buds, athletes, and so forth). That’s always their solution. In reality, your taxes would go up as you no longer pay for health insurance through your work. You can expect your overall costs to skyrocket, though.

Leaders of the caucus are planning to revise a single-payer bill in January 2017 by former Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.). The measure has 123 Democratic cosponsors.

“The idea would be to introduce something that has a little bit more detail and is an actual legislative path,” said Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), another co-chair of the caucus. (snip)

Adam Green, co-founder of Progressive Change Campaign Committee, said that if Democrats win back the House, his organization will push for a series of health care votes on legislation addressing single-payer and somewhat less-drastic ideas like a public option.

It’d be a hoot if Republicans would introduce the plan on the floor for a vote. Watch Democrat freak out and call voting on their beliefs a stunt.

And let’s not forget, if the government is in charge of your health care, they pretty much own you.

Save $10 on purchases of $49.99 & up on our Fruit Bouquets at 1800flowers.com. Promo Code: FRUIT49
If you liked my post, feel free to subscribe to my rss feeds.

Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed

3 Responses to “Democrats Look To Add One More Crazy Idea To Midterms: Medicare For All”

  1. formwiz says:

    This is what desperation looks like. The crazies have murdered what little brand the Demos have left after 8 years of the Choom Gang and another 8 of the Ozark Mafia, so they have to try something.

    This is what they chose.

    And these are the middle of the roaders.

  2. Dana says:

    Those who want ‘Medicare for All’ haven’t really been on Medicare. Medicare Part A pays for 80% of hospitalization; the other 20% is the patient’s responsibility. Part B covers doctor’s office visits; there is a co=payment for which patients are responsible. Other options require the patient to pay premiums to private insurance companies.

    If we did extend Medicare to cover everybody, we’d soon hear the screaming from the left because individual patients would still be on the hook for copayments and insurance premiums.

Bad Behavior has blocked 10624 access attempts in the last 7 days.