AP: Obama To Allow People To Keep Their “Junk” Plans To October 2016

I bet Hillary or whoever will be the Democrat presidential nominee loves hering this

(AP) The Obama administration will allow a two-year extension for people whose individual health insurance policies don’t comply with requirements of the new health care law, helping to defuse a politically difficult election-year issue for Democrats.

A government official familiar with the policy said Wednesday that the administration has decided to extend for another two years a transition plan that the White House announced last fall. The extension would be valid for policies issued up to Oct. 1, 2016. The official was not authorized to discuss the change on the record and spoke only on condition of anonymity.

I’m always leery of “anonymous sources”, but can anyone say this feels like a bunch of mule fritters?

At first the White House went into damage-control mode, arguing that many of the canceled plans were “junk” insurance and consumers would be better off with the broader coverage available through the health care law’s new insurance markets.

Remember: It’s. The. Law. Or something.

Save $10 on purchases of $49.99 & up on our Fruit Bouquets at 1800flowers.com. Promo Code: FRUIT49
If you liked my post, feel free to subscribe to my rss feeds.

Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed

2 Responses to “AP: Obama To Allow People To Keep Their “Junk” Plans To October 2016”

  1. david7134 says:

    That is real nice of him. But my plan was canceled due to his actions and I can’t get it back. It does not exist. So this is an empty promise. I think the answer is secession.

  2. Butt-Frozen_Gumballs says:

    Yeah, so far I have not heard any reports about this. Those plans were gone at the end of 2013. They were ruled illegal by Obama and DHS. THat is why millions of people got their letters that their plans would be ending in 2013. And that is why tens of millions lost their plans come 2014.

    There is nothing to extend. Unless we’re missing something here.

    Maybe this is for those insurance companies that didn’t follow the initial law-giver and disable their plans, or for those people who were allowed by their illegal insurance company to continue on their plan till the 2014 renewal date. At which time they would then be forced to choose a gov’t plan. But now that Obama has changed the law once again for the near 30th time, those illegal actions will be ignored and the illegal plans will be allowed to violate the law without punishment??

    Yeah, still doesn’t make sense. I don’t see the insurance companies violating the law. That is why millions of people lost their insurance on Dec 31, 2013.

    Confused.

Bad Behavior has blocked 5929 access attempts in the last 7 days.