You know that this is something that is being shoved down the throat of the Pentagon by the President and his team, who are big believers in anthropogenic climate change, at least in terms of Other People’s lives
(Washington Times) The Pentagon is ordering the top brass to incorporate climate change into virtually everything they do, from testing weapons to training troops to war planning to joint exercises with allies.
A new directive’s theme: The U.S. Armed Forces must show “resilience” and beat back the threat based on “actionable science.”
It says the military will not be able to maintain effectiveness unless the directive is followed. It orders the establishment of a new layer of bureaucracy — a wide array of “climate change boards, councils and working groups” to infuse climate change into “programs, plans and policies.”
This idiotic plan will force compliance all the way down to the people serving in the field, who must take ‘climate change’ into account when when they decide to take a shot at ISIS fighters. “Hmm, I wonder what the carbon footprint will be if I shoot this ISIS killer holder a knife to the throat of a child? Will the shot be climate friendly?”
Climate change must be integrated in:
- Weapons buying and testing “across the life cycle of weapons systems, platforms and equipment.”
- Training ranges and capabilities.
- Defense intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance.
- Defense education and training.
- Combatant commander joint training with allies to “assess the risks to U.S. security interests posed by climate change.”
- Joint Chiefs of Staff collaboration “with allies and partners to optimize joint exercises and war games including factors contributing to geopolitical and socioeconomic instability.”
Good grief. Our military is being turned into a bunch of liberal Social Justice Warriors worried more about their carbon footprint and “climate justice” rather than protecting the United States from enemies. This is yet another reason to make sure that a Republican wins the White House in November.
No mention as to whether ‘climate change’ will be incorporated into Obama’s jumbo jets and helicopters, which are operated by the military.