Whatcha Reading?

Just finished 900 Miles, which was a really good zombie book about a man trying to get from NYC to Atlanta. He took a business trip which his 9 month pregnant wife did not want him to take. The focus was more about the quick breakdown in society, and morality, in just a few days.

Worth the read right up to the last 2 pages. Did not care for the ending.

Now on to Necropolis Now. Yeah, more zombies.

Comment by Phineas Subscribed to comments via email
2013-02-16 12:31:23

I’m about done with Walter Williams’ “Dread Empire’s Fall: the Praxis,” the first volume in a (of course) trilogy. I’ve always liked Williams’ writing and, so far, this has been very enjoyable space opera.

2013-02-16 13:23:42

Haven’t heard of that one, might have to check it out.

2013-02-16 22:19:46

i’m STILL working on Robert Jordan’s 1st book in Wheel of Time.
only 13 books left to go.

Comment by JGlanton
2013-02-17 03:22:38

Currently reading “The Power Of The Dog” by Don Winslow. An epic tale about the development of the cocaine trade in Mexico that takes place over several decades. Fantastic story with great character development.

2013-02-17 11:05:46

I’m betting our resident troll is reading one of two books (found under his pillow)

Man: Virus or Infestation: Mother Earth’s Troubles

How to convince anyone that carbon offsets are worthwhile while living the highlife

2013-02-17 11:25:59

I gave up on Necropolis Now. Too much focus on the blood and gore, plus a character that is a cannibal. Story is weak.

Comment by john
2013-02-17 12:36:21

Actually the book I am rereading now is Building Classic Small Craft by John Gardner. I have built 3 and now am eyeing up the Quincy skiff. And thinking about what is under a guy’s pillow….. just a bit creepy.

2013-02-17 12:53:07

What is creepy is that you demand socialist policies, yet you have built 3 boats, and I have not gotten one of them. I hope you gave those boats to the local government office for dispersal to those who did not have any. If you still have those 3, then why haven’t you demanded that the local authorities confiscate 2 of them to give to others? It’s not fair that you have so many.

And, why are you using up so many resources to build something that does not put food on the table of the poor? Doesn’t cutting down trees help promulgate global warming?

2013-02-17 17:48:13

What kinds of craft are they, John? Sounds like small boats? That actually sounds interesting, in all seriousness.

Bad Behavior has blocked 9362 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Performance Optimization WordPress Plugins by W3 EDGE