Sacrificial lamb? Under the bus? Or, someone in the Obama administration who actually is willing to take responsibility?
(CNN) Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the bucks stops with her when it comes to who is blame for a deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi.
“I take responsibility” for what happened on September 11, Clinton said in an interview with CNN’s Elise Labott soon after arriving in Lima, Peru for a visit. The interview, one of a series given to U.S. television networks Monday night, were the first she has given about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.
Clinton insisted President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions, Clinton said.
Well, did anyone think that Obama or Biden, as POTUS and VPOTUS, would actually be involved with anything under their purview?
- The Other McCain wonders about Hillary diving on a Benghazi grenade….hey, grenades are green, and that’s racist towards Martians.
- Allahpundit has a few thoughts.
- Jammie Wearing Fool points out that Hillary bravely did her Sir Robin impression and fled the country before taking responsibility.
- Weasel Zippers says “how convenient”
- Doug Ross has a few pointed questions for Hillary
- Ace points out that Hillary also dodged responsibility
BTW, if Hillary really was taking full responsibility she’d resign right now.
Anyhow, I’m thinking…
Jennifer Rubin also has some pointed questions. Here’s two of mine I’d like answered
- If this was originally a spontaneous uprising, what did they think about all of the Salafist flags being shown, and then raised above our Consulate (not too mention all the flags and headbands during protests around the world)?
- Benghazi was considered increasingly dangerous for Westerners, plus al Qaeda was all over the place: why, exactly, was our Ambassador to Libya wandering around there with virtually no security? Hell, most Ambassadors to the USA wander around with more security in D.C.