Whatcha Reading?

Figure I’ll just do this once a week from now on on Sundays.

Finished the latest by Mark Tufo, Callis Rose, more along the lines of horror, which he does well. Much like Stephen King, Tufo builds up. Everything seems “fine” (that’s relative, since Callis is orphaned early and has a few tough times) until Baaaammmm! the problems smack you right in the face like a bucket of guano dumped from a tall building. Think about how things were going in Pet Cemetery.

Also read Afraid by JA Konrath and Jack Kilborn. Horror. Messy. Good book. Especially since I got it free of Amazon. Not sure if I would pay for it. Dose I mention it’s bloody?

Started One Nation Under Blood: The Sowing. Seemed OK, but, didn’t really grab me. Moving on to Collapse by Richard Stephenson.

Comment by gitarcarver
2013-02-24 18:31:49

Sadly, not much. My Nook broke (well, the mod to an android tablet broke) and I haven’t fixed that yet so I am “stuck” reading a real book made of paper.

Oh the humanity.

For now, my choice is “The Landscape Turned Red,” by Stephen Sears on the Battle of Antietam. It’s an oldie but a really goodie.

2013-02-24 18:37:14

What is this “paper” you speak of? :)

Can’t remember last time I did that. I do really need to go to library and check a few out that I refuse to pay $12 and up for on Kindle.

Comment by Phineas Subscribed to comments via email
2013-02-24 20:43:51

Finished the first volume of “Dread Empire’s Fall” and liked it well enough that I’ll buy the next. Right now though, I’m getting my science-fiction fix from “Eight Worlds of C.M. Kornbluth” ( http://goo.gl/L3Kvx ) by, oddly enough, C. M. Kornbluth, who wrote mostly in the 40s and 50s: http://goo.gl/yKnWd

Trying to fill in gaps in my “classic SF” reading.

Comment by Phineas Subscribed to comments via email
2013-02-24 20:44:47

“Landscape” is a great book.

Comment by Brian
2013-02-24 22:41:39

gitarcarver
2013-02-24 18:31:49
It’s an oldie but a really goodie

You would be better served if you would read books which would help you to improve your grammer and your reading comprehension. Just say’n …, you illiterate dolt.

Comment by Brian
2013-02-24 22:49:20

Pssst, don’t you love it whenever that goober, gitarcarver, tries to look intelligent and well educated?

Comment by gitarcarver
2013-02-25 00:44:59

Says the guy who can’t spell “grammar” correctly.

Comment by Brian
2013-02-25 07:47:57

You changed the spelling of that word
on your computer, you sneaky sleaze.
Your cutesy sleazinness won’t alter the
fact that you write at a 2nd grade level, asshole.

Comment by john
2013-02-25 08:45:25

I expected to see more people reading that genre of science is fiction

Comment by Dana
2013-02-25 09:57:10

I am, once again, rereading The Return of the King, on my Tablet. My Tablet is hooked up to my Kindle account.

Even as we speak, Peregrin is being shown around the great city of Minas Tirith by young Bergil, son of Beregond.

Comment by gitarcarver
2013-02-25 10:00:57

You changed the spelling of that word
on your computer, you sneaky sleaze.

Wow. This has to be the funniest statement I have read in a long time.

Your cutesy sleazinness won’t alter the
fact that you write at a 2nd grade level, asshole.

I’m sorry. I should have realized it was above your level.

Comment by Brian
2013-02-25 10:55:05

Whoa, snappy come-back! he he he he

If you were any lamer, fool,
you would be on life support.

Can’t wait for your next snappy come-back, buttwipe.

Comment by Brian
2013-02-25 11:11:13

gitarcarver is one of William Teach’s sock puppets, and on his computer, he can alter what you write.

Sneaky and sleazy, huh? Creepy, too.

All of these blogs are run by the slimiest of slimy low-lifes. Probably the same scumbag.

2013-02-25 12:03:56

Do ypi have something book related, Brian?

Comment by JGlanton
2013-02-25 17:02:28

“The Power Of The Dog”, by Don Winslow. This an epic novel covering 30 years of the drug war in Mexico. Although it’s fiction, he spent 6 years researching it and it strongly parallels history and gives a powerful inside view into the war via characters in the DEA, CIA, the mafia, narcoterrorists, Mexican law enforcement, the catholic church, polititians, and a really hot prostitute. And how the power of the dog controls them all.

Fantastic!

Bad Behavior has blocked 8740 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Performance Optimization WordPress Plugins by W3 EDGE