Happy Sunday and Happy Flag Day! It is, unfortunately, not an official U.S. holiday, but, President did issue a proclamation establishing June 14 as Flag Day, in honor of the day that the Second Continental Congress officially adopting the falg in 1777.
This pinup is by Greg Hildebrandt, and, yes, he did fully painted it, no photo involved. Pretty good, eh?
What is happening in ye olde blogosphere?
- I suppose I need to hit up some of the Iranian kerfuffle, so, head to Juan Cole’s place to see how the election was stolen
- Michael Totten is continuously updating his post on Iran on fire
- Say, what happened to CNN? Little Iran coverage. Dan Riehl covers
- The Jawa Report informs of the latest government detainee disaster
- Blue Crab Boulevard reports on the Obama admin getting a little desperate
- Over at Villainous Company, Judith Warner guest blogs with The Wages of Hating ‘Hating Haters Who Hate
- Hey, it’s the Army’s 234th birthday, and This ain’t Hell…. is celebrating
- What happens when spellcheck attacks? snapped shot has the answer
- Sister Toldjah discusses the left’s guilt by association hypocrisy
- Right Wing Sparkle says America needs Sarah Palin, but, we don’t deserve her
- The Radio Equalizer highlights yet another unhinged lib talker
- Lost in the shuffle of the Iranian kerfuffle, North Korea makes a proclamation. Pink Elephant Pundit has the coverage
- Nice Deb discusses Obama’s dishonest debate
- Obambi tries to discuss his North Korea policy, and Van Helsing asks if you feel reassured
- And last, but not least, Little Green Footballs 2.0 celebrates Flag Day!
As always, the full set of pinups can be seen in the Patriotic Pinup category, or over at my Gallery page. While we are on pinups, since it is that time of year, have you gotten your “Pinups for Vets” calendar yet? And don’t forget to check Rule 5 Sunday at The Other McCain and the Full Metal Reach Around at No Sheeples Here.
PS: Sarah Palin tweets to urge all Alaskans to proudly display our flag today. I urge all Americans to do such.
Update: Others on Flag Day
- Dan Collins at protein wisdom
- Jules Crittenden has a big roundup
- Hooah Wife (c/p at Kiss My Gumbo & Louisiana Conservative)
- Michelle Malkin
- Over at Hot Air, Ed shares his favorite flag story
- The Leather Penguin asks how many flags you’re flying
To celebrate, the American Civil Liberties Union of Ohio is raising a fuss over a law that would allow teachers — not school boards — to decide whether to lead students in the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.
Read the whole thing.