Get ready for the 6th great extinction because you refuse to give up your fossil fueled vehicle
So we have
- Gigantopithecus, which “ruled the trees till 100,000 years ago, when climate changes wiped out their food supplies”.. Yeah, that was during an ice age. Purely natural.
- Arthropleura armata, which “died out about 300 million years ago when the Permian period dropped oxygen levels and wilted tropical habitats into deserts.” Yeah, natural again, where all the continents were joined.
- Entelodont, which died out 5 million years ago as “global cooling transformed tropical forests to open grasslands.” Cooling again.
- Neanderthals, which “disappeared about 10,000 years ago”, because they were supposedly too stupid to survive the completely natural change from ice age to a really nice climate.
- Brontosaurus, which is perfect, since there was no such creature, so, using a made up creature to highlight a made up issue. Perfect.
Enjoy our limited engagement. Savor a steak. Grab a beer. Check out some nature. Humans are blazing trails in a mad rush for Earth’s 6th mass extinction, exhausting forests and fisheries while poisoning air, soil, and water. Greenhouse gasses strip ozone, launch dangerous weather patterns, and drive global climate change into impending planetary desertification. Our species doesn’t breed the collective will to reverse worldwide destruction, let alone overpopulation.