— WilliamTeach (@WilliamTeach) March 12, 2013
Yeah, that was a Tweet from March 7th, to which I replied on the 12th. How’s that working out? Well, so far, still waiting for 5
— Kumi Naidoo (@kuminaidoo) March 13, 2013
That link goes to
On this year’s Earth Hour I commit to spending the equivalent of 2 weeks of my vacation time to work with young people, who are not only the leaders of tomorrow, but also the leaders of today. But I’ll only do it if at least 5,000 people pledge to take action too
There was also a Tweet from him which went to Facebook, in which he says the same thing. So, essentially, he’s not doing jack shit in his own life regarding Earth Hour, and will only do jack shit if he can get 5,000 people to pledge to Do Something. At the FB page, not even close to 5k. At the first link, the official Greenpeace site, not one comment.
BTW, below the fold are the ideas that Kumi wants Other People to engage in
- Eliminate paper products
- Wash laundry with cold water and line dry your clothes
- Buy used or don’t buy at all/Live with what you already have
- Avoid bottled water
- Eat vegetarian at least 3 days a week.
- Bike or walk to work
- Start a small garden/maintain one
- Use vinegar & baking soda, in replacement of chemicals
- Don’t buy any products wrapped in plastic packaging
- Take cold showers
- Eat organic
You first, Kumi, you first.