Let’s be clear: not every layoff, bankruptcy, and closing can be laid at the feet of Obama, his policies, and those of Democrats. These happen even in times when the economy doesn’t suck. But, you can polish a turd, it’s still a turd, and this economy is a turd (via Daily Jobs Cuts)
- Update: DuPont Co in Richmond VA – 64
- TMX Group Ltd. – 100
- Penn Refrigeration – 40
- Wilkes-Barre PA – Layoffs Possible
- American Coal – 54
- New Energy Corp. Indiana – Idles 40
- Mills Manufacturing NC – 68
- TECO Coal Corporation – 90
Let’s look at that link for American Coal
A local coal mine is cutting jobs and blaming it on politics. American Coal in Galatia laid off 54 miners on Wednesday, saying President Barack Obama’s re-election is bad news for the coal industry.
Back during the Bush years, when the economy was roaring, unemployment was below 6%, and GDP was great, Liberals focused on the stock market and every single tiny change. Why can’t we focus on the miserable conditions in the jobs market? We can look at things like the unemployment rate and job creation, but those are general over-views which fail to focus on actual pain caused by Obama and his fecklessness, irresponsibility, demonization, and incompetence.
- Update: Bakers Footwear Group Begins Liquidating 150 Stores Across the Country
- Vyn-All Pool Products Plant in McKenzie Tenn.
- Christensen’s Furniture
- Mountain West Research closed its call center in Idaho Falls
- Update: Target Store in Hickory Hollow Area Tenn.
- Mike-sell’s Snack Food Co. is closing three Ohio distribution facilities – < 40 Jobs Lost
There are also small business closings. They may only be small numbers, but, the employees are real people.